Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Plots and plans

I'm done with Charlotte's Web! Pictures to come tomorrow, sunlight permitting. Thanks so much for all of your kind comments so far! (And yes, Rose, it will come to the wedding this weekend!)

With that FO, I'm down to 3 projects in progress, sort of. The main one is Eris, which I'm working on slowly, given the summer weather. More on that one later. Then, I have a basic stockinette sock with self-striping yarn that I'm working my way through. And finally, there's Cozy, but I'm dissatisfied with my choice of yarn (KnitPicks Andean Silk). I like the yarn, but not for this project. It's a dark navy, and it hides the pretty textured pattern. I think I'm going to switch to a tweedy yarn from Webs.

So really, that's only 1 project (Eris). Which means I can start more, right?! I want to do more lace knitting. I've had my eye on Adamas shawl for a while and also on the Pacific Northwest Shawl from Fiber Trends. And I (cough cough) conveniently enough, KnitPicks is shipping me some Shadow to do both of these projects in. I'm also going to start, probably today, a sock with some Cascade Fixation that was gifted to me at Christmastime. The pattern is the "Pretty Comfy Sock" by Debbi Young.

So, in other words, I have plenty to do on the knitting front. I've been a bit obsessive about knitting and blogging since turning that paper in on Friday. But I see this time as my break between semester-work and summer studying. I spent today sorting through papers from the last 2 years of school, in preparation for studying for my PhD examinations later this summer and fall. (So it wasn't all knitting!) I expect hard-core studying to start in a week and a half, when all the visitors have cleared out for a while and Coffeeboy goes out of town and it's just me and the cats.

No comments: