Friday, July 21, 2006

My wrist looks "normal"!

My cyst is nearly gone! Sometime last summer, I developed a ganglion cyst on my right wrist, sometime after spending a plane ride from Colorado to New Jersey working on Charlotte's Web. Cramped awkward seats = cramped awkward wrist motions = weird little bump on the wrist. I had the cyst drained in late January, between semesters when I felt I could take a break from intense typing and, sadly, from knitting for a few days. But like the cat, it came right back.

I just noticed today that the funky bump is almost invisible unless I flex my wrist forward. Not gone entirely, but pretty much not there. My wrists have been pain-free for over a week, which has been quite nice. Maybe the intensive had motions of typing/knitting/holding books has actually strengthened and done some good for my wrists!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for no more pain and strength building knitting and typing. It's like video gamers. Yes, pushing the x button might give you RSIs, but you'll have the strongest thumb in the universe. Maybe the same can be applied to your wrists.