Thursday, March 22, 2007

Knitting knervously

Coffeeboy is now Dr. Coffeeboy! He successfully defended his dissertation with flying colors! Congratulations to you, honey! Right now, the new Dr. Coffeeboy is at his on-campus job interview. I'm far away by several states, and I'm knitting. Nervously. With my fingers crossed, if it's possible to do that and knit at the same time. I've tried reading, but I go back to knitting. Fidgeting.

Knitting nervously on a shawl, if that's possible to do without an enormous number of mistakes. Thus far I've only attempted purling back across a row. We'll see how starting on the right side goes. Luckily Kiri - the new shawl shown in my previous post - is pretty easy, and even memorizable, which is wonderful. I can't show you a picture, though, since Dr. Coffeeboy (I promise I won't call him that all the time, but it's fun for now) has the camera.

I'm going to go back to my nervous knitting now. I simply felt the need to share my fidgeting with all of you. I'll let you know as soon as I know anything else!

9 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Congrats to the doc! You can call him Dr. Coffeeboy any time you want and for as long as you want. That is a huge achievement! Hope all goes well at the interview. I'll cross my fingers.

Anonymous said...

What great news! Congrats to the new doctor! When I get my degree, I want a bumper sticker that says ,"Who are these children and why are they calling me professor?" Heh. He'll do fine in the interview, just wait and see!

KODACHROME said...

I'm sending both my congratulations and my good vibes (for the interview) to Coffeeboy, and, of course, to you too!

PS: Can't wait to see your progress on Kiri. I loved knitting that for the reasons you outline (it's easy to memorize). Also, I love the color you've chosen.

Anonymous said...

Big congratulations to Dr. Coffeboy! How exciting!

Teri S. said...

Congratulations, Dr. Coffeeboy! I hope the interview went well and you land the job! And it looks like the new shawls is Peacock Feathers (or whatever it's called)?

Anonymous said...

Soon to be Dr. Professor Coffeeboy, I hope!

(psst... not to call the kettle black or anything, but there isn't the slightest chance you're knitting knervously to avoid, oh, a reading list or grading, is there?)

Zarzuela said...

YAY!! Congrats to the new Dr.! Hope the interview goes just as well. :) Can't wait to see your Kiri (another blog I read just started one too. I tried once, but couldn't get past the first few rows).

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Dr. Coffee Boy.

schrodinger said...

Congrats to the Doc. You must both be very proud and happy.