Monday, April 28, 2008

Weekend bind-off

Yesterday I actually bound off the mohair sweater! I tried it on, too, and was very happy with the fit. Now all I need to do is add the neckband, sew up the armhole seams, weave in a few ends, block it, and it'll be done! Excellent!

Mohair sweater bound off

I also acquired some new yarn to work with that I'm excited by for two different reasons.

peaches n creme yarn Malabrigo yarn

The dishcloth yarn excites me because it's dishcloth yarn in pretty colors, and was inexpensive. The Malabrigo on the right, there, well, that's my first ever Malabrigo purchase, and I can't wait to start using it! The color is just gorgeous, "indigo." I'm hoping it'll work out gauge-wise for the Tailored Scallops sweater, but I think it might be a hair too thin. We'll see. As soon as I get that mohair sweater blocking, I'm going to turn to the Malabrigo Scallops!

2 comments:

sgeddes said...

The sweater looks great. I always feel great when a project works out!

I love the periwinkle color of the Malabrigo. That will be a beautiful project.

Sheepish Annie said...

Fabulous sweater! Nice job on that!!

I bought my first Malabrigo right after Christmas and have yet to do anything with it. I might just be a little scared of it. Who wants to be known as the one who messed up the Malabrigo? I love it in the Indigo, though. Maybe I'll have to add just a bit more to the stash for when my courage is up a bit...