Friday, June 06, 2008

All my (book)-bags are packed

Yup, that's right, all my books are packed and I'm ready to go.
 

Book-bags

Except, that is, for two books that I'm pretty sure I returned in April. I really hope the library just failed to scan them in and they're happily on the shelves! 

My school, in a fit of brilliance for their retention of books, but not for anything else like my sanity, my saving of gas, or a useful way to spend my time, requires all books checked out for the year-long period be renewed in person.  Yup, all however-many bags of them.  Minus whichever two bags I'm returning, to lighten the return trip load, you know!  

Tomorrow, I drive north all day with all the books, for Part II of my very busy June.  Our quick trip to the midwest was a lot of fun, and passed quickly. I didn't get much knitting done, but I did get some dissertation work done. I met a whole bunch of Coffeeboy's extended family - second cousins  neither of us knew existed, giant family pictures, and way, way too much good, tasty food.  In the car we listened to The Time Traveler's Wife, which was a really great book (and a fun one to listen to, too!)

The world seems suffused in heat.  Asheville currently is beating out Miami by about 15 degrees, and it's not much better up in the mid-Atlantic, either.  Here's to staying cool this weekend, or enjoying the heat, whichever you prefer!

1 comment:

Sheepish Annie said...

Here's hoping that all books are where they are supposed to be or ready for renewal as needed! What a pain to have to do all that in person...

Best of luck in Part II of The Very Busy June. I hope that everything goes well for you!