Thursday, May 31, 2007

Such a pretty blue!

Looking for the contest? Click here!

I've been remiss about socks, lately. You see, I thought I'd run out of yarn and have one sock entirely made of pretty blue yarn, and another made mostly of blue, but partially of a partial match. Never fear, I had about a ping-pong sized ball of yarn left when I finished the second sock! Phew!

Blue Colinette socks 2

I do think, though, that as I knit the heel of that second sock - at the rate of about 3 rows a week for a while there - that the apparently shrinking ball of yarn was the cause of my dramatic slowdown. Because what's not to love about pretty blue socks?

Blue Colinette socks 3

Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug in "Jay"
Needles: size 0, magic loop
Time: Don't ask... way too long!
Reason for indoor photo: It was 89 degrees out when I took the picture, and I didn't want to go outside in wool socks!
Why I love this yarn: it's very soft (squishy and sproingy!) and my other pair has worn well thus far!

Blue Colinette socks 4 Blue Colinette socks 1

For those of you just stopping by, don't forget! The contest runs til June the 3rd! Only six more posts to go till we reach the magic number 15!

5 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Wow, what a coincidence....I just bought that very yarn yesterday and was planning on a toe-up magic loop affair for it!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous color, love it!

Anonymous said...

Very nice blue socks. I'm glad you had enough left over.

I think I might run out of the sock yarn I'm currently using. I also think I have to totally rip out the second sock and re-knit it. Such agonizing sock problems.

Sheepish Annie said...

My Jitterbug socks are one of my favorites!!! I wore them at least once a week once they were off the needles. (yes, I did wash them...)

Yours came out wonderfully! Nice job.

schrodinger said...

Very pretty!